I WANT TO HEAR
Please comment on my blog posts or complete the contact form. I would love to hear your thoughts!
- How Did English Become So…. Unique?
- June 16, 2021
- Our Magnificent Bastard Tongue, John McWhorter Rarely can I walk through a bookstore without something catching my eye unexpectedly. I was not looking for this book in particular and had not even known of its existence when I came across it. It was particularly serendipitous for me as an English teacher to find this book. […] Read More
- Create An Immersion Environment, Wherever You Are…
- March 24, 2021
- It is well known that the best way to learn a language is to move overseas and work or study in the country where that language is spoken. To be around a language every day and all day is the best way to learn a language quickly and with possibly much less effort than if […] Read More
- Studying from home? How to make the best of it.
- February 7, 2021
- As is the case for many of us, this past year has kept us at home, locked in to our living spaces which have now become at the same time, home, school and office. How can we make the best of it and still manage to succeed at our work and study while not being […] Read More
- How to improve skills in your second language… Read!
- January 17, 2021
- Many of my students ask me what I think is the best way to improve their speaking skills in their second language. Of course the simple answer is to practice speaking. The language student should seek any and all opportunities to speak their target language, even if that means traveling overseas where the language is […] Read More
- Uniquely Louisiana French (and English!)
- September 5, 2020
- Uniquely Louisiana French, and Part Two of Louisiana English à la française! In the exciting follow-up to my article from last year, I want to share some of the things that I have recently learned are “uniquely Louisiana French” expressions. As may already be evident by now, we speak a bit differently here, even in […] Read More