Welcome to Lessons With Stephanie! My name is Stephanie Dodaro, and I am a private English and ESL tutor, French tutor, and a tour guide in New Orleans, LA. I offer customized lessons to your needs, whether to brush up on your language skills or to start learning for the first time. Contact me about packages and private lessons. I also offer personalized guided tours of the New Orleans French Quarter. See my Guided Tours page for more information!
If you need translation, writing, editing, or homeschooling please see my Language Services page.
I offer lessons and consultations in person or via Skype.
Lessons in English More >>
- English Conversation
- English Composition
- English Language
- Book Groups
Lessons in French More >>
- French Conversation
- French Composition
- French Language
- Book Groups
Latest Blog Posts
I WANT TO HEAR
Please comment on my blog posts or complete the contact form. I would love to hear your thoughts!
- Useful Tips To Improve Your Language Skills
- June 14, 2022
- Here Are Several Tips To Improve Your Language Skills Part 1: My students often ask me how they can improve their language skills. Of course there are some obvious answers, but sometimes it is not such a simple question. My answer really does depend on the student’s situation, where they live, what their level is […] Read More
- The Story of the Oxford English Dictionary
- January 11, 2022
- In 1998 a book came out that detailed the birth of the first English dictionary which began in 1857. No joke, there was nothing quite like a “proper English dictionary” before that time. It would take me nearly two decades to discover this book. The book is called The Professor and the Madman: A Tale […] Read More
- How Did English Become So…. Unique?
- June 16, 2021
- Our Magnificent Bastard Tongue, John McWhorter Rarely can I walk through a bookstore without something catching my eye unexpectedly. I was not looking for this book in particular and had not even known of its existence when I came across it. It was particularly serendipitous for me as an English teacher to find this book. […] Read More
Stephanie is a professional teacher with more than 15 years of experience. She earned her Bachelor’s and her Master’s Degree in French from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette (ULL, formerly USL), a TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) certificate, and has recently earned a FLE Certificate (Français langue étrangère). She has taught English (ESL) and French in various capacities (junior high, high school, college, graduate school and institutes) in the US and overseas in Japan….Read More >>>