Welcome to Lessons With Stephanie! My name is Stephanie Dodaro, and I am a private English and ESL tutor, French tutor, and a tour guide in New Orleans, LA. I offer customized lessons to your needs, whether to brush up on your language skills or to start learning for the first time. Contact me about packages and private lessons. I also offer personalized guided tours of the New Orleans French Quarter. See my Guided Tours page for more information!
If you need translation, writing, editing, or homeschooling please see my Language Services page.
I offer lessons and consultations in person or via Skype.
Lessons in English More >>
- English Conversation
- English Composition
- English Language
- Book Groups
Lessons in French More >>
- French Conversation
- French Composition
- French Language
- Book Groups
Latest Blog Posts
I WANT TO HEAR
Please comment on my blog posts or complete the contact form. I would love to hear your thoughts!
- Studying from home? How to make the best of it.
- February 7, 2021
- As is the case for many of us, this past year has kept us at home, locked in to our living spaces which have now become at the same time, home, school and office. How can we make the best of it and still manage to succeed at our work and study while not being […] Read More
- How to improve skills in your second language… Read!
- January 17, 2021
- Many of my students ask me what I think is the best way to improve their speaking skills in their second language. Of course the simple answer is to practice speaking. The language student should seek any and all opportunities to speak their target language, even if that means traveling overseas where the language is […] Read More
- Uniquely Louisiana French (and English!)
- September 5, 2020
- Uniquely Louisiana French, and Part Two of Louisiana English à la française! In the exciting follow-up to my article from last year, I want to share some of the things that I have recently learned are “uniquely Louisiana French” expressions. As may already be evident by now, we speak a bit differently here, even in […] Read More
Stephanie is a professional teacher with more than 15 years of experience. She earned her Bachelor’s and her Master’s Degree in French from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette (ULL, formerly USL), a TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) certificate, and has recently earned a FLE Certificate (Français langue étrangère). She has taught English (ESL) and French in various capacities (junior high, high school, college, graduate school and institutes) in the US and overseas in Japan….Read More >>>